Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Encouragement, Willpower: Where Art Thou?

This should be short, sweet, and to the point.  You see, I have to get back to working on assignments, and I just needed to breathe.  I received my grade for our fourth Med-Surg test on Immune/HIV/AIDS today.  I failed it.  In fact, I have only passed one out of the four tests thus far this semester.  I'm not looking for pity, by any means.  But I would love some sound advice, if you have any to offer.

I have given up so much to be here.  I KNOW this is my purpose.  I only miss it by a few points each time.  Passing is an 80 or above.  Seems like 77 is my number lately.  I have to figure out a different way to study or a different set-point for my brain.  I am highly distractible, especially in class.  I try really hard to focus.  We have rearranged our family schedule to accommodate my study needs.  I have never been one to use flash cards, and I even used those for materials in charts this past test.  I have tried the SQ3R method, as suggested by another classmate.  It has to be modified because there literally does not exist an amount of time sufficient to complete that method of study for our required materials.  There has to be something that works better for me.  I'm not an auditory learner, by any means.

I have this peace that only comes from knowing that my Savior is in control.  I just want to bring Him glory throughout this journey.

Thanks in advance for advice, prayer, tough love, or whatever you have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment