Saturday, February 18, 2017

Three Weeks to Go

The last time I posted, I was not pregnant.  I now have 3 weeks and 2 days to go in this pregnancy before I meet my second and last child.  My c-section will combine with a procedure that renders me unable to create life anymore.

I am so excited.  Not just excited to meet my little princess, but I am also excited to know that this is the last time I will go through this adventure.  

In other words, I SUCK at being pregnant.

Has anyone seen "This is Us?"  Well, I haven't and I've had two separate people tell me I remind them of an actress whose part in the show has her pregnant with triplets.  I thank God this is not my predicament, but I will not deny my lack of enthusiasm.

Don't mistake me, I love knowing that my body was created for this and that I am able to provide an environment in which my child can be nurtured until she is ready to join us in this big world.  

I just, for some reason, have not found it within myself to enjoy the gestational diabetes, the pubic symphysis dysfunction, the edema, the fatigue, or the pro soccer kicks to the ribs.  And did I forget the round ligament that has been strained for forever now?

I am taking advantage of the diagnoses to make better choices for mine and my baby's health, though.  She is growing on target to be 8 pounds or a little over at birth, and I am slowly losing weight after switching my eating habits.  


I am excited to have motivation now.  For so long, I have let myself go.  I've gained weight and felt like crap for so long, and now I see the light at the end of the child-bearing tunnel, I am ready to get this extra person off of me so I can enjoy my children and my husband.

My sister-in-law is leading my brother-in-law's family in healthier choices, and I'm hopeful that the entire family will join in a healthier lifestyle.  

So, 3 weeks to baby and a family of 4.
Here's to better choices, a healthier lifestyle, and kicking PPD's butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment