Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tomorrow is the last day of my freedom, also known as summer break.  I'm trying to look forward to what the Lord has in store for me without dwelling on the work and sacrifices it will require.  Two more semesters and I'm ready for NCLEX.  I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been selfish during this break because every time we plan a day trip or weekend with the whole family, plans fall through.  My 18 day respite has been mostly cleaning and sweating, and I haven't felt like I've really had the opportunity to take advantage of the break.  I see pictures of everyone's beach trips or even lake days on facebook, and I have to quell the surge of jealousy.  I remind myself that I am blessed with paid bills, paid taxes, paid tuition, and a family I love.  And a quote comes to mind....

           "Comparison is the thief of joy."-Theodore Roosevelt


I will enjoy my last day with my family tomorrow and be happy for it.  There's also the fact that I just booked our stay in Charlotte for our mini-vacay the end of this month. We're going to see Skillet/Papa Roach/Shinedown and relax in the hotel paid with points we get from using our credit card.  Prepaid getaways planned over time are great.  Oh, and I'm happy because I just got my free Zaxby's meal deal card in the mail. Woot! (If you haven't signed up for all the birthday clubs, you really should look into it. It saves a ton of money around your birthday and there are random surprises year round, too.)

As for tonight, I'm about to hit the hay and thank the Lord for these blessings....  And leave tomorrow's troubles alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment