Monday, September 16, 2013

Fuel for My Spirit

I just failed my liver/pancreas/gallbladder test.  I failed myself by not studying more.  I only used the weekend, and should have studied each night of the week, too.  I know this.  I can only blame myself.  I count it as a lesson learned, adjust my priorities, and study smarter for next time. 

While I had a freak-out "oh Lord I'm going to fail and let my entire family down and have to start all over and how will I pay for this and can I even do it again" moment, I quickly reined in those thoughts and cut to the heart of the issue.  I'm exhausted.  Mentally and physically, yes.  Emotionally, yes.  But most of all and most importantly, I'm spiritually exhausted.  I've been feeding my body and cramming material into my mind, but I've mostly neglected my spirit.  My spiritual starvation is affecting my mood, my interactions with others, my level of stress, and my lack of self-discipline stems from it.

So, I talked to our preacher yesterday, and I will start a weekly bible study next Friday night at the church.  (By the way, I plan on using What the Bible is all About: Bible Handbook KJV by Dr. Henrietta C. Mears to guide the study.  Chris and I picked up this gem at the Billy Graham Library when we were in Charlotte.)  I will study up for each lesson every morning.  This will not only prepare me for the weekly lesson, but prepare me for each day.  I always have a better sense of self-discipline when I have my walk on track with the Lord.  My time management skills will need improvement, but my time is sufficient when I start it out the right way.  It's almost like tithing my time.  I never fail to have "increase" of time when I "tithe" a portion of my day with the Lord.

So my tentative weekly agenda looks like this right now:

And if you don't see anything marked for times after class Mon-Wed, those are flex study times.  I can't say what specific hours, as it depends on what happens or needs to be done that day.  Just know if I'm not running errands or cooking/laundry, I'm going to be studying.  This semester will not be the end of me.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! I can and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment