Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to Reality!

Okay, sorry it has been so long since I have posted anything.  The hubster and I just returned from our mini-vacay in Charlotte.  We went for the Skillet/Papa Roach/Shinedown concert, and also worked in a visit to the Billy Graham Library and a Revolutionary War reenactment.  Well, we didn't stay for the reenactment, but we toured the Latta Plantation and got some great pictures.  I'll try to post some of those pics in the next few days.

I felt like we were on our honeymoon all over again.  We walked all over the place, chased the wind where we wanted to go, and even had our own little tailgating party in our hotel room.  (So proud of my CLEMSON TIGERS, by the way!)  But my favorite part... the bed.  Our poor bodies relished the comfort of the bed in our hotel room and loathed the trip home lol.  In fact, I think Chris is over there adding mattress sets to his hopes and dreams list as I type this.

The long and short of it.... We were able to forget our adult responsibilities for a couple of days and act like kids.  We were refreshed.  And now we're home.  It pushes me to buckle down in my studies.  Our next opportunity for a getaway is after I graduate. 

But... my birthday is Saturday.  That means Christmas movies, chicken wings, and smores.  Yes, that is my request.  And I think I'm done for the night.

My body and brain are tired, and I have real life to return to in the morning.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment